It works effectively at brightening your teeth, fixing discoloration or dullness, as well as enhancing your confidence.
Keep reading to find out what stains teeth whitening can fix, aftercare, and more!
Can badly stained teeth be whitened?
Professional teeth whitening removes internal and surface stains, whereas at-home products generally only remove surface stains.
It’s one of the most effective ways to whiten and brighten teeth, even for tough stains caused by certain medications, age, or smoking.
It’s important to note teeth whitening treatments will not whiten your teeth beyond their natural tooth shade. So if you can’t achieve your desired result, you may benefit from other cosmetic services like porcelain veneers.
Schedule a consultation with your dentist to find out your options.
Why are my teeth stained?
There are a few factors that contribute to stained, dull, or discolored teeth.
Some common causes we control are:
- Food and liquids: As much as we enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of coffee, prolonged consumption leads to stained teeth.
- Dental hygiene: Poor dental care allows plaque and bacteria to build up, causing stains and discolorations.
- Smoking: Smoking damages more than your lungs – the color of your teeth will suffer as a result too.
There are also other factors beyond your control that may lead to stained teeth.
- Age: As you grow older, teeth tend to change color due to the natural wear and tear of the enamel.
- Certain medications: Tooth discoloration can be a side effect of certain medications.
Is teeth whitening safe?
Yes, teeth whitening is safe!
Multiple clinical studies and research have shown professional teeth whitening is safe.
It’s considered one of the safest forms of cosmetic dentistry.
How long does teeth whitening last?
On average, professional teeth whitening lasts anywhere between six months to 3 years.
In comparison, over-the-counter teeth whitening products may only last a few months.
Keep in mind:
Tooth whitening results depend on your oral hygiene as well! Proper care keeps your brightened smile around for longer.
Aftercare of your teeth whitening treatment will be provided by your dentist and may include:
- Avoiding certain foods and drinks immediately after
- Using an ADA-approved… This text opens a new tab to the American Dental Association website… toothpaste and brushing twice a day for at least two minutes a day each time
- Flossing at least once per day
- Visiting your dentist for regularly scheduled cleanings
Where can I get professional teeth whitening near me?
At Masterpiece Smiles in Tulsa, OK, we’re ready to help you say goodbye to your stained teeth and begin your journey to a brighter smile.
Dr. Mazen Naaman combines skill and expertise to provide you with long-lasting results, so you can enjoy the smile you’ve always wanted with a personalized treatment plan.
Ready for a natural-looking whiter smiler?
Masterpiece Smiles is located in Tulsa, OK, and happily welcomes patients from the neighboring communities, including Jenks, South Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Bixby, and Glenpool.